Earlier this year, RED released an interesting report about its Gen Z (post-95s) users. I find there are some interesting figures that may help you better understand the Gen Zers on RED.
1. Gen Zers are paying more attention to work and learning
Compared to the first half of 2019, work related posts from Gen Z increased by 13.59% in the second half of 2019. Top 10 work related topics include “Handbags for work”, “Shoes for work”, “Suits for work”, “Perfumes for work”, and “Work outfits” etc.
What do they want to learn after work? Top keywords are “time management”, “language learning”, and “software techniques” etc.
2. What are Gen Zers interested in?
- Chinese domestic brands. New posts and search volume increased by 22.26% and 23.16%
- Ingredients. Gen Zers like to search and write about ingredients (increased by 17.2%) for skin care products
- Sports. More Gen Zers write about losing weight, yoga and fitness (increased by 37.9%)
- More diversified interests. Chinese traditional costumes (increased by 47.3%) and blind box (increased by 293.4%) are getting more popular
3. Gen Zers love to travel
The search volume for travelling tips among Gen Z increased by 713.7%. Top 10 most searched cities in China are: Guangzhou, Shanghai, Beijing, Hangzhou, Shenzhen, Chengdu, Wuhan, Nanjing, Chongqing, and Zhengzhou.
Full report here👇